Healing of grief and loss can begin when harm is acknowledged and justice done. Restorative justice is available for victims, offenders, relatives, whanau, friends and members of your community. It provides opportunities for reconciliation for victims of crime, offenders and the communities they live in.
- victims of crime can be given a voice and their questions answered.
- apologies can be given and received.
- offenders are encouraged to take responsibility for the impact of their actions on others.
- the damage done by criminal or anti-social acts can be lessened.
- practical and helpful resolutions can be found.
- peace and healing can be promoted where people want to show compassion and forgiveness.
We will help you by...
- contacting the parties to establish willingness and suitability for a conference.
- arranging and facilitating a conference in a safe and neutral place.
- creating an environment where all parties are given a hearing, solutions are explored and agreements can be reached.
- helping people arrange support systems.
- assisting with follow-up arrangements as necessary.
Where can you find more information?
Restorative Justice Otautahi (Christchurch)
PO Box 29 704, Christchurch 8540
03 940 9497
301 Tuam Street